Let’s add some special effects that play when the ball bounces!
Before you get started with this mod, make sure that you have installed the Getting Started Challenges Asset Pack from the Unity Asset Store. Detailed instructions here.
Important! If you already have version 1.0 you must update to the latest version to complete this mod. Got it? Let's rock.
1. Find the Ball GameObject in your Hierarchy.
2. In the Project View, open the ChallengeAssets/RepoBall/Bounce Effect Prefabs folder.
3. Select a Bounce Effect prefab. These are Particle Systems that are pre-configured to show their effect when the ball bounces into something.
4. Drag your selected Bounce Effect onto the Ball GameObject in the Hierarchy to make a copy of it in the world as a child object.
5. Select the Ball GameObject.
6. In the Inspector, in the Sphere Collider, double click the “Ball” PhysicsMaterial to inspect it.
7. In the Inspector, change the Bounce Combine to Maximum. This will increase the amount of bounce when the Ball collides with other objects.
8. Press play and try out your new extra bouncy game!
Stretch your Unity skills with these additional mini-challenges.
Try adjusting the properties of the ParticleSystem in the Inspector.
Adjust the Start Color parameter to tint them a certain color.
Adjust the Start Speed parameter to make the particles faster or slower.
Join & Share
Join your allies on Connect to share your work and experiences.
Have you joined the Team Ball Game Creators Group on Unity Connect yet? If not, check it out. It's a good place to turn if you get stuck on any part of these mods, or to share your work with other Unity creators. Unity experts will also be checking in on this group to provide help and inspiration.